Surabaya (05/03/2019) – As coordination and discussion platform among snapper-grouper (demersal) processors/exporters to discuss the common issues across fisheries and work together with government and other stakeholders to find solution, fishery industries and NGOs initiate to establish Indonesian Demersal Association (ADI).
To become an excellent organization in the development of marine and fisheries sectors, especially for demersal fisheries that are sustainable and environmentally friendly
• To become MMAF partner in the sustainable demersal fisheries management and
participating in the decision making process related demersal fishery policies.
• To accommodate and deliver members aspirations and interests in improving
• To improve compliance with national and international regulations
• To provide data and information that can be used by the Government to improve
sustainable demersal fisheries management
• To increase cooperation and coordination with other organizations/stakeholders
• To promote sustainable demersal fisheries
• To recognize the equality of bargaining positions among business partners
Benefits of the Association to industry
- Platform for the industry to deliver the interests/aspirations of industries to the government.
- Ensure the industries/supply chain engagement/participation/contribution in the WPP Councils as part of the Consultative Panel and in other government meetings.
- Support the coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Promotion media and improve access to the domestic and export market.
- Support in the efforts to move towards sustainable and traceable demersal fisheries.
- Support the expansion of demersal fishery improvement projects to national level.
- Assistance/support in the process to get certification.
- Platform to effectively communicate between buyers and industries (Association)
Benefits of the Association to the Government
- As partner in improving demersal fisheries management in Indonesia.
- As key stakeholders in decision making process and consultation process in the WPP
- Councils as part of the Consultative Panel and in other government meetings
- Support government in developing the demersal fishery co-management.
Benefits of the Association to Fishers:
- Support fishers in complying with regulations
- Support fishers in catch documentation and boat registration
- Support in getting access to the market
Advisor : Kuncoro Catur Nugroho (PT Kelola Mina Laut)
Facilitator : Agus Budhiman (Sustainable Fisheries Partnership)
Board of Directors:
Chairman : M. Novi Saputra (PT Kelola Mina Laut)
Secretary General : Dedi Sukato (PT Alam Jaya Seafood)
Finance Administration : Irma Maladan (CV Inti Makmur)
Representative from Regions:
• Makassar Strait : Agus Saputra (PT Kemilau Bintang Timur)
• Arafura Sea : Geerry Kosasih (PT Inti Lautan Fajar Abadi)
• Java Sea : William Sutioso (PT Cilacap Samudera Fishing Industry)
Association Secretariat Office:
Jl. Dukuh Kupang Timur XI No. 33, Surabaya 60256